Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Attracting Bluebirds

I have been trying to attract bluebirds to my yard for sometime with little success. I have put up bluebird bird houses and bought mealworm. The mealworms did work on attracting bluebirds, but I wasn’t getting the regular visits that I was wanting. So, I tried a new suet recipe that keeps the bluebirds coming back.

Ingredients


1 cup lard
1 tsp corn oil
4 cups yellow cornmeal
1 cup all purpose flour

Melt the lard and then stir in all of the other ingredients and mix well. After the mixture sets, cut it into portions to fit your suet feeder.

You can also mix in other ingredients that you think your bluebirds will like, such as mealworms, raisins or sunflower hearts.

This mixture keeps the bluebirds coming back for more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this post, as i enjoy Birds of all kinds and do it yourself ,money saving, tips. I will try this for my bird feeder. Sounds quite simple even for the beginner's like myself. GREAT POST THANKS