Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pet of the Week

Lenny – Downers Grove, IL

Hi, my name is Lenny! I am a 3 year old, male, DMH. I have the dubious distinction of being the only cat at WSHS that is FIV positive. Fate smiled on me when some kids found me, victim of a bad cat fight, and alerted an adult who brought me here. He even drove me to the shelter's vet where I spent over a week healing from my wounds. It took a while before the FIV (the feline form of HIV) became known. Now that I am recovered from my original wounds and getting such great care, I am able to show my gratitude to those at the shelter who take care of me. I am a model kitty. The only thing is, I think the folks here are worried. They know my disease is no threat to the other cats, but they worry about me catching something because my immune system is compromised and the only cage available to me is in isolation, which is where all the sick cats get well. If you are looking for a cat who really needs you, that would be me. I can live as an only cat, with dogs, or with other FIV positive cats.

If you'd like to meet me, please contact the West Suburban Humane Society, 1901 W. Ogden Ave, Downers Grove, IL, phone number 630-960-9600.
http://www.wshs-dg.org/wshs/



Fay – Tampa Bay, FL

Hi, I'm Fay! I am a 5 year old, female, DLH. I've been at the shelter for a little while but I'm still getting used to this hectic environment. I'm a very sweet girl but it's such a scary new world and it takes me a little bit of time to show how wonderful I am. Please be patient with me, I have the potential to be a real love and a great companion. I'm a Meet Your Match Purple - Private Investigator which means that I'm very curious, especially in new places. I also have a special kitty price of only $25 since I have been at the Humane Society of Tampa Bay for such a long time. Please come visit me and I promise to show you just how great I can be!

For more information please contact the Humane Society of Tampa Bay, 3607 N. Armenia Ave., Tampa FL, 33607, (813) 876-7138.
http://www.humanesocietytampa.org/



Gilligan – Boca Raton, Fl

I'm Gilligan, and here I am with about 90 other cats, trying to win someone over and find a home. About 30 of us are black cats, which statistically have a tougher time being adopted for some reason. SO......what's so special about ME? Sit down and I'll tell you.
First, I am a handsome, glossy black youngster, under a year old and somewhat small. I'm neutered and I can live happily with other cats. I have none of that 'catitude' that many felines demonstrate, either! I'm a real lover boy who adores being held and petted. I will creep up to the area of your neck to snuggle, and purr happily in your ear to show how much I appreciate you. I'd really love a home for the holidays. Purr-haps we can be friends forever, so come to meet me. Ask for Gilligan, and make me your 'little buddy'!

I'll wait right here at Tri County Humane Society, 21287 Boca Rio Road, Boca Raton. (561) 482-8110.
www.tricountyhumane.org.

No comments: