Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pet of the Week

Jillian – Downers Grove, IL

I’m introduced as Jillian yet I am a bit timid even if called by name. Three years ago I was born to this intimidating world. I am a female spayed brown tabby who still has her claws. When you visit the shelter, one of the first places you will see cats is called the “Shy Cat Room.” This is where I live and if it weren't for this room, I'd be living outside. You see, I was living in an area with many outdoor cats, who have litter after litter, year after year. I was trapped by a shelter volunteer who was planning to have me spayed and released back to my yard. This is a great option for cats who are too afraid of people to be taken inside, but this volunteer saw something in me that made her think I might be able to be socialized. If it weren't for the shy cat room, I would not have stood a chance, but here I am, and I have been coming out of my shell gradually. I would like to live in a home with other cats. I’m not sure how I feel about children or dogs as most were a scary experience when I was out alone in the world. I need a home where my people will be patient with me. It will be a slow road, but one worth going down.

If you'd like to meet me, please contact the West Suburban Humane Society, 1901 W. Ogden Ave, Downers Grove, IL, phone number 630-960-9600.
http://www.wshs-dg.org/wshs/

Anastasia – Tampa, FL

Hello everyone, I'm Anastasia! I'm a beautiful Shepherd mix girl waiting for the perfect home! Come visit me at the shelter today!!! MYM - Teacher's Pet (Purple) "I've got the whole package — smart, fuzzy, four legs, love to learn and live to please. Go ahead, teach me anything. Sit, stay, balance your checkbook, I can do it all. Keep me entertained and I will be yours forever."

Name: Anastasia
ID#: 7115479
Sex: Female
Breed: Shepherd/Mix
Age: 5 years 1 month

For more information please contact the Humane Society of Tampa Bay, 3607 N. Armenia Ave., Tampa FL, 33607, (813) 876-7138. http://www.humanesocietytampa.org/

Lacey and Percy – Boca Raton, FL

Haven't you always want TWINS? We're Lacey and Percy, and we must be adopted as a pair because we've been together all our lives, and we're also just pretty darn cute together! We recently lost our home but not each other, thankfully. We are 1 year-old Bichon / Poodle mixes, about 15 lbs. each. A spayed female and neutered male, we're quite ready for a forever home. We'll make your house happy with our bouncy, joyful personalities. We're great with other dogs and with children (and probably cats), and we're 90% housebroken. We provide double the love, so adopt us today!

I’ll wait right here at Tri County Humane Society, 21287 Boca Rio Road, Boca Raton. (561) 482-8110. http://www.tricountyhumane.org/.

No comments: