Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pet of the Week

Texas – Downers Grove, IL

Howdy y’all, my name is Texas. I have had a pretty hard life and I’m about nine years old. I am a medium sized neutered Shepherd Mix I was owned by an elderly lady who passed away in May. Her family didn't want me so they brought me here to the West Suburban Humane Society. My owner loved me but because she was elderly she never took me for a walk, never took me to the vet or socialized me around other animals. I didn't even know how to walk on a leash. Although, I am house trained. The shelter decided that I needed some work so they sent me to Midwest Canine Behavioral and Socialization Center in Des Plaines for two weeks of training. While I was there I learned all of my basic obedience commands, "sit", "down", "heel", "stay", and "come". I got along ok with the other dogs in day care but I would prefer to be the only pet in the household. I don't trust new people immediately, it takes me awhile to warm up. Once I do though, I will be your best friend for life. I am looking for a quiet home that won't expect too much of me and will let me live out the rest of my life in a safe, comfortable environment. Could that home be yours?

If you'd like to meet me, please contact the West Suburban Humane Society, 1901 W. Ogden Ave, Downers Grove, IL, phone number 630-960-9600.
http://www.wshs-dg.org/wshs/


Baby – Tampa Bay, FL


Hello everyone, I’m Baby! I’m special girl with an amazing story, and I’m truly lucky to be alive. I was found a few months back at a construction site in the bay area. The workers there noticed that I was pregnant and fairly unhealthy, so they kept an eye on me to make sure I was okay. When I came closer to giving birth, one of workers took me home and cared of me until I had my pups. Everyone made it okay, and he quickly made arrangements to bring us into the HSTB. Shortly after, all my kids found wonderful homes, but the staff at the shelter took notice that I had Heartworm Disease. Right now I am heartworm positive, and I’m undergoing treatments so that I can be at my full potential when I’m done. I’m available through the foster to adopt program in the meantime. It’s very important that I maintain a low activity level, and that I’m living in a stress-free environment while I am undergoing treatment. That means short walks only, and no getting excited!! I know this is a hard situation for both myself and a potential adopter, but as soon as I’m done with my treatments I’ll be free to run, play, and wag my tail as much as possible. If you think you’ve got the right home please ask about me at the shelter. I promise you’ll be rewarded with tons of love and kisses in the end.

Name: Baby
ID#: 7176456
Sex: Female
Breed: Chow Chow/Australian Cattle Dog
Age: 3 years 7 months

For more information please contact the Humane Society of Tampa Bay, 3607 N. Armenia Ave., Tampa FL, 33607, (813) 876-7138.
http://www.humanesocietytampa.org/


April – Boca Raton, FL

What a purr-fect DMH three year old girl I am! I'm April, a pretty kitty you'll want to meet. I'm very friendly to people, but I don't really love living with so many other cats here. (Hissy fits are common!). I'd really appreciate my very own home and some consistent love and kindness. I love to lay in sunny spots, and I'm quite 'purr-y'. Ask for me in the cat room!

I’ll wait right here at Tri County Humane Society, 21287 Boca Rio Road, Boca Raton. (561) 482-8110.
www.tricountyhumane.org.

No comments: