Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pet of the Week

Cadence – Tampa, FL

Hey, I’m Cadence! I was brought into the HSTB with a chain imbedded in my neck that had to be surgically removed. Since I was chained up for all those years I developed a little incontinence problem. The vet here set me up with some inexpensive pills that I’ll need to take twice a day. I’ve been in foster care since I came in. My foster mom & the vet noticed that my neck wasn’t healing a after the first surgery, so they went in to take a closer look and found that there was and elastic pony tail band completely imbedded under skin! The band was extracted and now I’m working on getting better and enjoying a comfortable life! It is still important that the cats and dogs stay away from my food though! I discovered that I like to run and play and give kisses. My dream would be to go to a home with someone who can spend a lot of time with me as I do have to go outside every four hours or so. I am completely housebroken and never had an accident the whole month that I was with my foster family. My foster dad works from home and I just lounge around in the office with him until it is time for me and his two other little dogs to go outside! If you have the time and love to give me, will you please come visit? You will find my charm and sad eyes irresistible!

Animal #: 7270452
Sex: Female
Breed: Beagle/Mix
Age: 7 years 1 month

For more information please contact the Humane Society of Tampa Bay, 3607 N. Armenia Ave., Tampa FL, 33607, (813) 876-7138.
http://www.humanesocietytampa.org/



Akeela – Downers Grove, IL


Hi, I’m Akeela! I was adopted from this shelter as a kitten. Somehow I ended up at an animal control facility where I had been picked up as a stray. I was in pretty rough shape, but after a few weeks, my gorgeous coat returned as did my health. My markings are pretty unique and I am a very loving boy. Everyone who visits the cattery is treated with enthusiasm by me, with paws reaching out in greeting. I try my darndest to make everyone notice me. I am full of character and I am just waiting for someone to pick me. Will you pick me?

Description: White w/tabby markings
Gender: Male
Age: 3 yrs. — born around 2005
Neutered? Yes
Declawed? No

If you'd like to meet me, please contact the West Suburban Humane Society, 1901 W. Ogden Ave, Downers Grove, IL, phone number 630-960-9600. http://www.wshs-dg.org/wshs/

No comments: