Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pet of the Week

Baby – Tampa, FL

Hi! My name is Baby. I’m a handsome black boy that was brought into the shelter originally after my family became homeless. I’m a special kitty that has a birth defect that makes my right leg shorter than my left, although you would never know it. I can run and play like everyone else. It doesn’t affect me in the slightest, but it is one of the first things you’ll notice about me; but it just adds to my character! I am very reserved and sweet! My favorite toys include paper balls and string, so I’m easily entertained. According to my previous owners, I get along well with other cats, and have lived in a home with other dogs before, although I tend to ignore them. Children sometimes make me nervous, so I would do best in an adult only environment. I’m also a Meet Your Match Purple Private Investigator. This means that, “I’m working undercover to keep an eye on you and your household. You may not even know you’re under surveillance. I can vanish into thin air if anyone or anything interferes with my investigation. If you need a cat who knows how to stay out of trouble and will always keep your secrets, I just might take your case.”

I was brought in with my brother, who has since been adopted, so now I’m waiting for my chance to have a new forever home. I sometimes get overlooked because I’m a black cat, and since I’ve been at the shelter for so long, a generous donor has sponsored my adoption fee. If you’re looking for the purr-fect cat to make a great who would make a great addition into your life, come visit me in the cattery today!

Animal ID#: 7211944
Sex: Male/Neutered
Breed: Domestic Shorthair Mix
Age: 4 years, 8 months

Note from StartSampling: We would love for Baby to find a good home with a StartSampling member so he will get all of the love he needs and deserves. To help Baby get adopted, StartSampling will give the lucky, new parent of Baby $100.00 in Restaurant Gift Certificates, plus a StartSampling T-shirt and Thunder Tote Bag! Baby is ready and waiting to meet you, so hurry in and see him today! Once you have adopted Baby, Click here to contact us to receive your prizes!

For more information please contact the Humane Society of Tampa Bay, 3607 N. Armenia Ave., Tampa FL, 33607, (813) 876-7138.
http://www.humanesocietytampa.org/





Mambo – Downers Grove, IL

Hi, my name is Mambo. I was recently returned to the shelter because I became too protective of my elderly owners. The staff at WSHS felt that I could use some training so they sent me to a 2 week training class at Suburban K-9 in Barlett. Well, I am back from training (and better than ever I might add!) and ready to find my forever home. I now know all of my basic obedience commands and am leash trained. I am good with other dogs. I just love to play. I need to live in an adult home only with a family that has previous dog experience. I even come with a free session with my owner personal trainer.

Description: Shepherd Mix

Gender: Male
Age: 6 yrs. — born around 2003
Size: Medium
Neutered? Yes
House trained? Yes

If you'd like to meet me, please contact the West Suburban Humane Society, 1901 W. Ogden Ave, Downers Grove, IL, phone number 630-960-9600. http://www.wshs-dg.org/wshs/


Note to Animal Shelters or the Humane Society: If you work for an Animal Shelter or Humane Society and want to feature pets in the Pet of the Week section, please Click here to contact us. Thank you!

No comments: