Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pet of the Week

Sunflower – Downers Grove, IL

Hi, my name is Sunflower. I am a 14 month old, female DSH. We were rounded up at home and driven to the shelter together. I had seven very young kittens at the time. Their eyes were not even open yet. The people who brought us said we were all strays, so the shelter staff were surprised when we all turned out to be exceptionally affectionate cats. All of the other adult cats have now been adopted except me because I was busy raising my babies in a foster home. Now they are weaned and I am looking forward to the next chapter in my life. Will you be the author?

If you'd like to meet me, please contact the West Suburban Humane Society, 1901 W. Ogden Ave, Downers Grove, IL, phone number 630-960-9600.
http://www.wshs-dg.org/wshs/



Elvis – Tampa Bay, FL

Hey mama, I'm Elvis! I ain't nothin' but a fun loving and energetic hound dog! I have plenty of energy and I love to run outside, play with toys, and just be around people! I'm true to my breed, and highly skilled in jumping and climbing! I can even climb a 5 foot fence! I'd really like to find my very own special home with a loving family I can cherish forever!
Elvis is a 2 year old, male, Coonhound, Treeing Walker Mix.

For more information please contact the Humane Society of Tampa Bay, 3607 N. Armenia Ave., Tampa FL, 33607, (813) 876-7138.
http://www.humanesocietytampa.org/



Louie – Boca Raton, FL

Hound / Lab mix. 3 year-old neutered male, 55 lbs.
Louie here, and I've been around the block a few times. I was a hurricane Katrina rescue, brought to Tri County and adopted. Recently, through no fault of my own, I was returned. How humiliating! I'm a bit aloof because I don't want to have my heart broken yet again, but I'm friendly and sweet and gentle. I need a home without children but I get along well with cats and other dogs. I'm housebroken and calm, just a bit shy. I could use some good food, but mostly I need a loving home and lots of TLC, finally!

I'll wait right here at Tri County Humane Society, 21287 Boca Rio Road, Boca Raton. (561) 482-8110.
www.tricountyhumane.org.

No comments: